On the left as we leave the chapel at the end of the square, there is a stairway which leads to the springs where the visit to Meryem Ana ends. On the first landing we pass in front of a small shop. It is solely the sale of souvenirs plus offerings placed in the boxes in the chapel which provides the money for the upkeep of the Shrine of Meryem Ana. The shop is the property of an association (Dernek) made up of both Christians and Moslems; elected members who work voluntarily. Descending the stairs, we arrive at the springs. These are fed with drinking water from the well to the north east of the chapel. Some say they have obtained cures from drinking this water. Many visitors drink the water and like to take some away with them.
Turning our backs on the springs, we follow the path to the exit. Our visit to this place, holy for both Christians and Moslems, ends. This place, the chapel and its surroundings became, in 1892, the property of Sister Marie de Mandat Grancey, who inspired the search for Meryem Ana. The title then passed to Fr. Poulin and then to Fr. Euzet who gave it to the Dernek (Association) who manages it today, though the property has been much reduced to profit the National Forest which surrounds it.
Meryem Ana Evi